Old March 22nd 17, 10:47 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default [MKARS] Centenary of Alan Turing's birth

MKARS - Milton Keynes Amateur Radio Society

Centenary of Alan Turing's birth

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...turing_s_birth

MKARS will celebrate 100 Years since Alan Turing's birth with a series of
special events using the specially issued Notice Of Variation (NOV)
callsign GB2AMT (Alan Mathison Turing).

On 16th and 17th June, we at MKARS will be receiving multiple Enigma
transmissions using CW (Morse code) from GCHQ's tent at the Cheltenham
Science Festival.
A special NOV has been issued by Ofcom for this occasion, allowing the
encrypted transmission to take place. GCHQ will be transmitting using the
call sign GB5AMT and we will be receiving this particular transmission
using the GB2BP call sign.
What's unique with this NOV is that GB5AMT can only transmit directly to
GB2BP and cannot receive any transmissions. However, we will confirm
receipt of transmission to GB5CSF, which is the call sign of the Cheltenham
Science Festival.

As far we are aware, this is the first time Ofcom has granted permission
for an encrypted transmission on the amateur radio bands.

We will be using at least 2-3 receiving stations, in order to more closely
imitate reception conditions as they were during the war.
The messages received by each station will then be compared/collated at a
central point and then fed into the Bombe machine in Block B at Bletchley
Park.
This part of the event will be transmitted by video link to Cheltenham, and
theÂ*decoded message will then be sent back to Cheltenham using Twitter.

On 23 and 24 June, we will be operating using the GB2AMT call sign.

We will also be operating on 30th June and 1st July,Â* however this time
using our standard GB2BP call sign.

On both occasions we hope to operate the station from the green outside the
Mansion at Bletchley Park, however this is weather dependant and might
change!

Old March 22nd 17, 11:15 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.dx

On 22/03/2017 10:47, MKARS via rec.radio.info Admin wrote:

MKARS - Milton Keynes Amateur Radio Society

Has Schleck got a screw loose, for this is old news
from 5 years ago.