RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   [KB6NU] Unearthing CW artifacts (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/262583-%5Bkb6nu%5D-unearthing-cw-artifacts.html)

KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin September 4th 18 06:36 PM

[KB6NU] Unearthing CW artifacts

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Unearthing CW artifacts

On Saturday, some of my siblings and I helped clean out my parents garage
and basement. Here are a couple of artifacts that I unearthed:
Click to see larger image.

This Speed-X bug was in a box in the garage. I certainly dont recall
purchasing this, nor does my father. As you can see, its missing quite a
few parts, as if it was cannibalized already. Anyone know if there is a
source of parts for these things, or do I have to just toss this out or
offer it to someone else to use the remaining parts?

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Click to see larger image.

I dont recall using this to learn the code, but if I did, this record would
be nearly 50 years old now. Side 1 looks playable still, but Side 2 looks
pretty beat up, unfortunately.

What kinds of things have you unearthed, either in your parents house or
perhaps an estate sale?

The post Unearthing CW artifacts appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.