RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   [W2LJ] BSA Camporee (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/263570-%5Bw2lj%5D-bsa-camporee.html)

W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin September 28th 18 07:23 AM

[W2LJ] BSA Camporee

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

BSA Camporee

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=ema il

This coming Saturday is the Boy Scouts of America Camporee. In our area,
The Raritan Valley District Fall Camporee is going to be taking place at
Sandy Hook, NJ, This is the part of NJ that juts out and forms a land
barrier between the Raritan Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.

We.re going to set up on the North Beach Observation Deck around 9:00 AM
and hope to get busy making contacts from 10:00 AM to about 4:00 PM.

I will be bringing my portable ops backpack with the various antennas that
are packed in that, as well as the magloop. There will be no hard set
presentation, just us guys from SPARC making contacts and yakking up
Amateur Radio with any of the youngsters that may come by and show an
interest.

It's supposed to be sunny with a high temp of 71F (21C), so it should be a
nice day to be outdoors. I am not sure at this point whether I will be
operating under W2LJ or NJ2SP. I will spot our operations on QRPSPOTS, so
if you hear us, give us a call.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

NAQCC on the DitDit podcast

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=emai l

Bruce Pea N9WKE interviews Paul Huff N8XMS, President of the North American
QRP CW Club.

https://www.ditdit.fm/shows/episode-21-naqcc

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!