RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   [VA3QV] Its a small world after all (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/274518-%5Bva3qv%5D-its-small-world-after-all.html)

VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin June 20th 19 05:51 PM

[VA3QV] Its a small world after all

Amateur Radio on the Road

Its a small world after all

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2019/06/...rld-after-all/

Interesting evening.

Got a phone call from the local repeater operators telling me that they
were testing the Wires X Fusion Node on a simplex frequency before
switching it over to their repeater.

I switch over there and the first person I hear is VE1AS (Terry) ex VE3KLT
who I have known for ever. and when we both lived in Ottawa lived about 3
km away.

UPDATED:Â* Should of given a bit more info.Â* Terry now lives in Pugwash NS
and according to QRZ.com thats a bit over 625 miles from Kingston.Â* Now
Wires X/Fusion does use a form of internet linking so its not really DXÂ*
but I still think its neat that my first Fusion contact from home in
Kingston would be with an old friend who I knew in Ottawa who now lived in
Nova Scotia

I knew he moved but this is the first time we have talked since I moved
into Kingston Ontario a year ago

No rare DX but it was nice to talk to an old friend and neighbor

The hobby never ceases to amaze me

73bob