RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   [W5KV] Roving in the Texas QSO Party (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/277958-%5Bw5kv%5D-roving-texas-qso-party.html)

W5KV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin September 12th 19 07:01 PM

[W5KV] Roving in the Texas QSO Party

W5KV Ham Radio Blog

Roving in the Texas QSO Party

https://www.w5kv.com/roving-in-the-texas-qso-party/

This weekend the Texas QSO Party is taking place. Scheduled 2 weeks earlier
than last year due to some contest conflicts. Inspired by some others like
N5NA and WB0TEV, Im going on my first excursionÂ*(Sep. 14)Â*as a mobile
station for this event (SSB only). Well, more like mobile stationary. I do
not have a fixed HF antenna on the truck, so I will need to stop and deploy
the HF antennaÂ*at a suitable location along my route. This will be the most
difficult task IMO, is finding the right spot to operate that wont grab the
attention of law enforcement or anyone else for that matter! Time is of the
essence for this event as Ill be breaking down []