Old September 24th 05, 12:47 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Default When will K7C start?

Their WEB site says that the crew arrived and that they are expected to
start 24 September 2005. No mention of a starting time.

If you have more detailed information, please share.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

Old September 26th 05, 02:15 AM
Hank Oredson

They are on 17M now, good signal to the west coast.

--

... Hank

http://home.earthlink.net/~horedson
http://home.earthlink.net/~w0rli

Old September 26th 05, 05:28 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Hank (no call, W6 ?):
Thanks.
18 MHz signal is far too weak in Michigan.
14 MHz held until about 0400Z, but it was not possible to get through
from Michigan.
So far, they have tended to use frequencies too high for good coverage
into Michigan. Eventually, they will run low on JA stations.

I just hope they do not have a storm.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
nk.net...

Old September 26th 05, 02:57 PM
Hank Oredson

No call ???
Is right there in my sig ...

Old September 26th 05, 03:50 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Hank W0RLI:

My apologies. I looked about and did not see.

K7C has had strong signals into Michigan this morning on 7 MHz. The JA
wall is formable. My hope continues that the JAs will be thinned enough to
be successful (before they all pack up).

Again, I apologize for not seeing your call at the end of your message.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Hank Oredson" wrote in message
ink.net...
No call ???
Is right there in my sig ...

Old September 26th 05, 04:42 PM
Hank Oredson

Nothing heard on 40 this morning.
I'm in Oregon.
Good signal on 20M CW last night.

My QTH is on the east slope of a small mountain,
so the path to the west is quite bad. Did work 'em
on 17 and on 20 though.

Old September 26th 05, 05:27 PM
Bob Nielsen

Hank Oredson wrote:
Nothing heard on 40 this morning.
I'm in Oregon.
Good signal on 20M CW last night.

My QTH is on the east slope of a small mountain,
so the path to the west is quite bad. Did work 'em
on 17 and on 20 though.

They were quite strong in WA on 40 around 2 AM. It took me a while to
break through the JAs, however.

Bob, N7XY
Old September 26th 05, 07:18 PM
Hank Oredson

"Bob Nielsen" wrote in message
. ..
Hank Oredson wrote:
Nothing heard on 40 this morning.
I'm in Oregon.
Good signal on 20M CW last night.

My QTH is on the east slope of a small mountain,
so the path to the west is quite bad. Did work 'em
on 17 and on 20 though.

They were quite strong in WA on 40 around 2 AM. It took me a while to
break through the JAs, however.

Bob, N7XY

They were getting louder here at midnight, at which point
my body informed me that I would sleep *now* ;-)

Old September 27th 05, 01:21 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Hank Oredson wrote:
Nothing heard on 40 this morning.
I'm in Oregon.
Good signal on 20M CW last night.

My QTH is on the east slope of a small mountain,
so the path to the west is quite bad. Did work 'em
on 17 and on 20 though.

They were quite strong in WA on 40 around 2 AM. It took me a while to
break through the JAs, however.

Bob, N7XY

They were getting louder here at midnight, at which point
my body informed me that I would sleep *now* ;-)

--

... Hank

http://home.earthlink.net/~horedson
http://home.earthlink.net/~w0rli

I listened to them from Eastern Alabama for a couple hours on 21.030. They
never got above a S2. Needless to say, no joy.

Tried on 18.145, can't hear at all.

Maybe later on 14 ???

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 27th 05, 01:48 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Hank Oredson wrote:
Nothing heard on 40 this morning.

Pretty good at 7am CDT this morning here near Nashville. Didn't spend
much time trying though. Will let the piles thin a bit before diving in
deeper.

(settled for KH9/W0CN and FO/N6JA on 80...)

On an unrelated subject, noticed how good the high bands were yesterday?
(even heard two Europeans on 10!)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66