RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   BPL pollution - file reply comments by August 6 (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/8822-re-bpl-pollution-file-reply-comments-august-6-a.html)

Dave Shrader July 30th 03 01:57 AM

BPL pollution - file reply comments by August 6

One of the technologies we have ignored in the BPL discussion is the use
of coherent detection in the BPL circuitry. It provides very high common
mode rejection. For example, high rejection to amateur and commercial
HF/VHF transmissions, and high signal to noise integrity on the desired
frequencies.

Coherent detection can very easily pull a signal out from under the
noise level. For example, I have used systems where the signal can be 20
dB below the noise and still be recovered.

It may just be possible that interference TO the BPL system will not be
severe, but interference FROM the BPL system ... well that has been
discussed.

Deacon Dave, W1MCE
+ + +

Dave Platt wrote:

In article ,
Ryan, KC8PMX wrote:

Don't know if anyone has considered this, but if the BPL lines are going to
radiate intereference, would it not stand to reason that the lines would be
(not by choice) accepting outside RFI sources???

Correct... and there have been some very pithy statements concerning
this issue submitted to the FCC.

[SNIPPED}