RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   CR6IP - Angola - question (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/8894-cr6ip-angola-question.html)

J. D. Beischel September 6th 03 05:47 PM

CR6IP - Angola - question

I have an old QSL for a contact as a Novice with CR6IP. How does this
count, if at all, towards DXCC? I can't find the prefix in the deleted
entities list. Is it valid for anything?

Thanks,

Duffy

Doug Smith W9WI September 6th 03 05:52 PM

J. D. Beischel wrote:
I have an old QSL for a contact as a Novice with CR6IP. How does this
count, if at all, towards DXCC? I can't find the prefix in the deleted
entities list. Is it valid for anything?

It should count for Angola, D2. The country prefix has changed, and the
nature of the government has changed, but it's the same country.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Caveat Lector September 8th 03 03:02 PM

CR6 Angola now D2
So should count as Angola

Old and Changed Prefixes from the ages can be found at URL:
http://ac6v.com/oldprefix.htm

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All