RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Hot new announcement: 3Y0 - Peter Ist (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/8902-hot-new-announcement-3y0-peter-ist.html)

Peter Lemken September 13th 03 09:06 AM

Hot new announcement: 3Y0 - Peter Ist

De: "Flo, F5CWU"
Objet: [cdxc.gazette] La Gazette du DX N° 85/2003
Date: vendredi 12 septembre 2003 12:45

***** The weekly Francophone Dx News *****
* *
La G A Z E T T E du D X

* *
* Numéro 85 du 12/09/2003 *
* *
* Bulletin hebdo d'infos DX par e-mail *
* édité par le Clipperton DX Club *
* *
Rédacteurs: Joël F5IPW - Flo F5CWU
Didier F5OGL - Georges F8OP - Rafik F5CQ
Jean-Michel F6AJA et Les Nouvelles DX

----****----

EXPÉDITIONS A VENIR

gazette dx gazette dx gazette dx gazette dx gazette dx gazette dx gazette dx

K4UEE (Bob) et KØIR (Ralph) ont annoncé une expédition sur Peter 1er.
Celle-ci devrait avoir lieu pendant le prochain été austral. Une équipe
de 15 personnes est prévue de partir de Ushuaia le 3 janvier afin
d'arriver sur l'île vers le 9. Ils seront QRV avec plusieurs stations
sur toutes les bandes HF en SSB/CW/RTTY.

L'équipe espère rester 3 semaines sur place mais cela est très dépendant
de la météo, assez rude !!!

Il y a une possibilité pour les radioamateurs (ou non) de visiter cette
île et le Sud Shetland. De plus, quelques places derrière le micro sont
dispos ! Retour vers le 19 Janvier Ã* Ushuaia.
Prenez contact avec K4UEE Bob: pour informations.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Wer behauptet, den "Playboy" nur der Artikel wegen zu lesen, der schaut sich
auch dreistündige Pornofilme an, um zu erfahren wie sie ausgehen.

Dick, AA5VU September 13th 03 01:13 PM

How about an English version of the announcement?

Dick, AA5VU September 13th 03 01:13 PM

Barry K September 13th 03 01:53 PM

FORWARDINGS TO COME gazette dx gazette dx gazette dx gazette
dx gazette dx gazette dx gazette dx K4UEE (Bob) and KØIR (Ralph)
announced a forwarding on Peter 1st This one should take place
during the next southern summer. A team of 15 people is envisaged to
leave Ushuaia on January 3 so to arrive on the island towards the 9.
They will be QRV with several stations on all the tapes HF in
SSB/CW/RTTY. the team hopes to remain 3 weeks on the spot but that
is very depend on the weather, rather hard!!! There is a
possibility for the radio hams (or not) of visiting this island and
the South the Shetland. Moreover, some places behind the microphone
are dispos! Return about January 19 in Ushuaia Contact K4UEE Bob:
for information

Not too bad, for babelfish.
Barry W2UP

De: "Flo, F5CWU"
Date: vendredi 12 septembre 2003 12:45

[...]

Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

Dick, AA5VU September 13th 03 02:13 PM

In article ,
"Dick, AA5VU" wrote:

How about an English version of the announcement?

relayed by email

Here's the press release that we put out...it was definately in
English...hi

Press Release

From: K4UEE & K0IR

Planned Dxpedition to Peter I Island, Antarctica 12 Sept. 2003

Bob Allphin, K4UEE, and Ralph Fedor, K0IR, are pleased to announce they
have organized a DXpedition to Peter I Island (3Y0/P). The Dxpedition is
scheduled to occur during the upcoming Austral summer 2004. Their
15-person team is scheduled to depart from Ushuaia, Argentina on Jan. 3,
2004 and arrive at Peter I on approximately January 9th (+/- weather).
They will build the camp infrastructure and install all antennas before
going QRV. This will be a high power DXpedition with an international
team of experienced operators and multiple stations on all HF bands
covering SSB, CW, & RTTY modes.

The team hopes for a 3-week stay on Peter I. Weather, of course, may
dictate otherwise. QSL information and the team roster will be
forthcoming. Several operator positions are available. Also, there are
opportunities for ham or non-ham travelers to visit Peter I, the
Antarctic continent, and the South Shetland Islands returning around
Jan. 19th to Ushuaia, Argentina. Contact Bob, K4UEE at: for information.

Caveat Lector September 13th 03 02:16 PM

There is a neat language translator at URL:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

Another at URL:
http://www.freetranslation.com/

Some one else just did the translation so won't repeat it.

Peter Island 3YØ -- hey I need that one!!!!!!

But according to some posts here -- ya won't need a linear !!!
Oh Yeah -- well you get em QRP -- Me -- I'm tuning up the AL-80B Linear as
we type.

73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All

Derek Wills September 13th 03 06:17 PM

How about an English version of the announcement?

Philistine :-)

De'rique aa5bt