RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Noise & UTE Dxing question (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/8933-noise-ute-dxing-question.html)

Dealmeister September 13th 03 04:05 PM

Noise & UTE Dxing question

Two questions:

1. I like to surf the web while Dxing; my computer creates a lot of noise.
Too DX and surf, obviously the radio and PC need to be in relatively close
proximity. Anythoughts on how I can cut down the noise?

2. Can anyone recommend a good decoder? Years ago I used the AEA PK-232.
These days I'd like to buy a decoder that covers as much of the used formats
as possible. Key for me will be simplicity though. I don't want something
with a manual or operation that's so technical it won't be fun. I want
something that is as "plug and play" as possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks