Old December 6th 03, 11:25 PM
mike luther

Default OH2AQ cluster instability of late?

Anyone else notice what I see as an apparent instability in the OH2AQ
Web cluster of late? Here it seems as if it is unavailable for long
periods of time. As well, the automatic update for a given selection,
like CW-DX for example, doesn't auto-update? You have to manually probe
it for a reload for the frame?

Or is this a reflection of its popularity and demand, and we're just too
fond of it?

Thanks!

W5WQN

Old December 7th 03, 02:40 PM
William E. Sabin

mike luther wrote:
Anyone else notice what I see as an apparent instability in the OH2AQ
Web cluster of late? Here it seems as if it is unavailable for long
periods of time. As well, the automatic update for a given selection,
like CW-DX for example, doesn't auto-update? You have to manually probe
it for a reload for the frame?

Or is this a reflection of its popularity and demand, and we're just too
fond of it?

Thanks!

W5WQN

The OH2AQ cluster is a marvelous tool for DXers,
but it needs better management. If it can't get
better management, it should be discontinued,
because the erratic behavior of it is a pain in
the ass.

Bill W0IYH

Old December 7th 03, 03:38 PM
Peter Lemken

William E. Sabin sabinw@mwci-news wrote:

The OH2AQ cluster is a marvelous tool for DXers,
but it needs better management.

Go ahead.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
There's a remote exploit it in the free market, whereby you can boot the
price of something by talking crap. It was reported to Bugtraq yesterday,
Old December 8th 03, 03:20 AM
William E. Sabin

Peter Lemken wrote:

William E. Sabin sabinw@mwci-news wrote:

The OH2AQ cluster is a marvelous tool for DXers,
but it needs better management.

Go ahead.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

If I had any interest in running that net I would
"go ahead" as you put it. But I don't have any
interest in running it. Therefore if the people
who are *are* running the net don't want to
maintain it properly they should shut it down and
forget about it. Or maybe they can persuade you to
"go ahead".

Bill W0IYH

Old December 8th 03, 07:41 PM

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:20:57 -0600, "William E. Sabin"
sabinw@mwci-news wrote:

The OH2AQ cluster is a marvelous tool for DXers,
but ......

But it's a kludy interface, and the guys who run it, whomever
they are, have NEVER been responsive to anyone using it.

Bill, there are hundreds of cluster nodes you can telnet to,
spots are real time, you have filter options on some of them,
and most of them are up all the time (with the exception of
contest weekends, when the whole network chokes & croaks).

OH2AQ is feed by telnet clusters, so anything you see there
you'll see it somewhere else first.

Any spots you see on the web cluster you'll see on the
telnet nodes also.

Here's a list of 100 or so to get you started:

http://www.cpcug.org/user/wfeidt/Misc/cluster.html

I run two nodes which are on the list and you are welcome to
use them if you'd like.

The only suggestion I'd make is DON'T use the Windows telnet
program, it's garbage, get another telnet program like NetTerm,
or use the interface in your logging software if it has one.

73, Jim KH2D

Old December 11th 03, 10:03 PM
Thierry

"mike luther" wrote in message
Anyone else notice what I see as an apparent instability in the OH2AQ
Web cluster of late? Here it seems as if it is unavailable for long
periods of time. As well, the automatic update for a given selection,
like CW-DX for example, doesn't auto-update? You have to manually probe
it for a reload for the frame?

For ON and LX I experimented very few denied. Theyr mainly occured this 2
last weeks but the service was again available a few hours later.
In average I find the service often accessible
In the meantime I made a connexion directly on a cluster like EA7URC.

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry