RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Yaesu Quadra VL-1000 amp and QSK (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/9604-yaesu-quadra-vl-1000-amp-qsk.html)

Rob May 7th 04 12:19 AM

Yaesu Quadra VL-1000 amp and QSK

Does anyone know whether that Yaesu Quadra VL-1000 amp has QSK capability?
(The specs are silent on this point).

If not, has anyone used an external pin diode switch (such as the QSK switch
from Ameritron) with the Yaesu Quadra amp to provide QSK?

Rob

Peter Lemken May 7th 04 06:56 AM

Rob wrote:
Does anyone know whether that Yaesu Quadra VL-1000 amp has QSK capability?
(The specs are silent on this point).

YAESU has never been able to produce a decent QSK on any of their rigs and
I'd be surprised if this amp were any different.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly

Walter Muth May 7th 04 10:00 AM

Peter Lemken wrote:

YAESU has never been able to produce a decent QSK on any of their rigs and
I'd be surprised if this amp were any different.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

No problem with QSK using the YAESU FL-7000 amp.

Walt
DK1BN

Peter Lemken May 7th 04 12:02 PM

Walter Muth wrote:
Peter Lemken wrote:

YAESU has never been able to produce a decent QSK on any of their rigs and
I'd be surprised if this amp were any different.

No problem with QSK using the YAESU FL-7000 amp.

The magic word is "decent".

Peter Lemken
Berlin

John Siegel May 8th 04 12:23 AM

Rob wrote:
Does anyone know whether that Yaesu Quadra VL-1000 amp has QSK capability?
(The specs are silent on this point).

If not, has anyone used an external pin diode switch (such as the QSK switch
from Ameritron) with the Yaesu Quadra amp to provide QSK?

Rob

I have only used mine in the VOX semi-breakin mode with a delay long
enough to hold in transmit
between characters. There are no special provisions for QSK and I could
find no spec for minimum changeover time.
73
John
BTW The amp will do 1000W on 6M, not the 500W seen in the ads.

Rob May 8th 04 12:53 AM

John Siegel wrote:
I have only used mine in the VOX semi-breakin mode with a delay long
enough to hold in transmit
between characters. There are no special provisions for QSK and I
could
find no spec for minimum changeover time.
73
John
BTW The amp will do 1000W on 6M, not the 500W seen in the ads.

Thanks for the info. I suspect that the VL-1000 amp will do QSK just fine
when the Ameritron QSK5 external pin diode switch is used.

Rob