RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Gin-Pole (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/97563-gin-pole.html)

redfox39 June 30th 06 07:24 PM

Gin-Pole

Sure seems like a lot of work but a gin-pole should work OK. One thing is
for sure, the higher that you can pull from the better when the tower on the
ground. I have had mine up and down quite a few times. It is Rohn 25 with
a lot of weight up top, mainly because I moved the rotor down about half-way
and used a big piece of steel water pipe for the mast. I used the neighbor
and his John Deere tractor with the cable hooked to the raised front loader.
I only hook the cable about a third of the way up the tower and when the
tower is laying down the tractor is right up to the base. Needless to say
that good brakes are critical. HI! My neighbor isn't able to do those
things anymore. I probably will hire a wrecker next time.

Trav, WX0Y