RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   What Is The Meaning of No QSL Required ??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/97743-what-meaning-no-qsl-required.html)

Pat Whelton July 2nd 06 06:15 PM

What Is The Meaning of No QSL Required ???

How do you interpret "No QSL Required"? Does that mean the station is going
to QSL all stations worked 100% whether they send a card or not?

I see this on cards I receive from the buro but I wonder had I not QSL'd
would I have received a card in return.

Doug Smith W9WI July 2nd 06 06:37 PM

Pat Whelton wrote:
How do you interpret "No QSL Required"? Does that mean the station is going
to QSL all stations worked 100% whether they send a card or not?

I see this on cards I receive from the buro but I wonder had I not QSL'd
would I have received a card in return.

Were these cards from rare countries or from very active contest stations?

I've always figured this meant the station was "preemptively QSLing" -
that they were sending cards through the bureau to *everyone* in their
log, and that they didn't want to *receive* any cards at all.
(presumably they already have every award they want, or in the case of
an expedition, don't plan to apply for awards)

So yes, I think you would have received these cards even if you hadn't
sent QSLs to those stations.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66