RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Whatever happened to K1MAN? (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/99702-re-whatever-happened-k1man.html)

[email protected] July 24th 06 04:32 PM

Whatever happened to K1MAN?

Marcus Denning wrote:
What's up with K1MAN and his battle with the FCC (and everyone else)?

Currently the situation is that he owes the FCC a boat load of cash as
the fines have been affirmed. His renewal application has been set
aside, but until it's fully rejected he retains his privilages to
operate.

We are waiting for the pending dismissal of his renewal aplication that
will end K1MAN's operating privilages and the collection of the fines
by the DOJ.

The rejection of his license renewal could happen at any time. In fact
I expected it to happen before now. I'm starting to wonder if he's not
trying to make a deal with the FCC and it's holding up final actions.

an_old_friend July 27th 06 01:22 AM

Whatever happened to K1MAN?

wrote:
Marcus Denning wrote:
What's up with K1MAN and his battle with the FCC (and everyone else)?

Currently the situation is that he owes the FCC a boat load of cash as
the fines have been affirmed. His renewal application has been set
aside, but until it's fully rejected he retains his privilages to
operate.

We are waiting for the pending dismissal of his renewal aplication that
will end K1MAN's operating privilages and the collection of the fines
by the DOJ.

The rejection of his license renewal could happen at any time. In fact
I expected it to happen before now. I'm starting to wonder if he's not
trying to make a deal with the FCC and it's holding up final actions.

or if the fcc is trying to make a deal with him

I still don't think they (fcc) exactly want to fight it out for some
reason

[email protected] July 27th 06 04:28 PM

Whatever happened to K1MAN?

an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
or if the fcc is trying to make a deal with him

I still don't think they (fcc) exactly want to fight it out for some
reason

I really don't think the FCC is at a loss with how to deal with this
guy, but that's a possible reason for the delay.

The most likely reason is that they are waiting on the DOJ case to get
started and use that pressure to get him to agree to withdraw his
renewal application and agree to stay away from transmitting equipment.

Either way, time is on their side and he's being rather well behaived
lately.

Now it's the crazy up north that needs to be dealt with next...

[email protected] July 27th 06 06:55 PM

Whatever happened to K1MAN?

wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
or if the fcc is trying to make a deal with him

I still don't think they (fcc) exactly want to fight it out for some
reason

I really don't think the FCC is at a loss with how to deal with this
guy, but that's a possible reason for the delay.

everthing I have heard said the FCC did not want the citation issued
but somebody did not get the memo

The most likely reason is that they are waiting on the DOJ case to get
started and use that pressure to get him to agree to withdraw his
renewal application and agree to stay away from transmitting equipment.

hard to believe the DoJ will bother with the case anything K1MAN seems
to be accused of is pretty minor in view of the outer world the most
troubling to me is the charge he interferesed emergency trafic

Either way, time is on their side and he's being rather well behaived
lately.

not sure that time is on the FCC's side (or on K1MAN's either)

Now it's the crazy up north that needs to be dealt with next...

[email protected] July 31st 06 11:35 PM

Whatever happened to K1MAN?

wrote:

hard to believe the DoJ will bother with the case anything K1MAN seems
to be accused of is pretty minor in view of the outer world the most
troubling to me is the charge he interferesed emergency trafic

Ummm.. That's not on the list of charges I've seen in the NAL for
K1MAN..

Perhaps you are confused with the guy in CA who interfered with a coast
guard operation?

-= bob =-

an old friend August 4th 06 03:23 AM

Whatever happened to K1MAN?

hard to believe the DoJ will bother with the case anything K1MAN seems
to be accused of is pretty minor in view of the outer world the most
troubling to me is the charge he interferesed emergency trafic

Ummm.. That's not on the list of charges I've seen in the NAL for
K1MAN..

Perhaps you are confused with the guy in CA who interfered with a coast
guard operation?

nope I refering to charge he interfered with passing emgency ham
traffic out of Mexico city after a quake

-= bob =-

[email protected] August 16th 06 01:38 AM

Whatever happened to K1MAN?

an old friend wrote:

nope I refering to charge he interfered with passing emgency ham
traffic out of Mexico city after a quake

Didn't see that in the NAL.. Didn't that happen years ago? (Trying to
sweep off the dust on the Mexico City Quake..) If so, it is not what
the NAL was charging him with.

They are dealing only with the offences on Nov 27, 2004; Dec 3, 2004;
and March 31, 2005 which where directly observed by FCC agents.

-= Bob =-