Old July 10th 03, 09:46 PM
Ralph Mowery

Default Problem with transient spike on Astron RS-50M Power Supply

With the gear hooked to the supply, even with it turned-off, when I
turn on the supply, the voltage transient cleans or erases the
programming in the radios. It's not the radio, as it does it with 2-3
different ones.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem, or if a faulty
component might be causing it?

I've worked on more than few of these supplies, and have never seen
this problem before.

What radios are the memories being wiped out on ? I have a RS50 and have
not noticed this problem. Hooked to it is an Icom 706mkll , Yeasu 757,
Yeasu 440 multi mode , and from time to time various Alinclo 2 merter and
dual band radios. Also for a short time a Kenwood dual band radio.

I started to jump the gun and say how could it gat a spike with the radios
turned off but remembered most rigs do not have a real power switch any
more. Sometimes I turn the rigs off and then the power supply, but most of
the time I just switch off the supply.