RadioBanter

-   -   Keying problem Kenwod TS-2000 (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/10424-keying-problem-kenwod-ts-2000-a.html)

Jon Dahl July 17th 03 02:25 PM

Keying problem Kenwod TS-2000

Rig was OK but after moving to other QTH next day, I was not able to use
the hand key (not automatic one).
VOX is on but not possible to send in CW-mode.
Measure about +4,5Volt on the key "hot" wire in key up position.
Anyone had this problem before?
73
Jon/LA8WF

Mark Keith July 18th 03 09:27 AM

"Jon Dahl" wrote in message ...
Rig was OK but after moving to other QTH next day, I was not able to use
the hand key (not automatic one).
VOX is on but not possible to send in CW-mode.
Measure about +4,5Volt on the key "hot" wire in key up position.
Anyone had this problem before?
73
Jon/LA8WF

Dunno...I don't have a 2000. You might double check your "keyer" menu,
if it has one. Some have different settings for different types of
keys, bugs, paddles, polarity, etc..The 706 is like this. Maybe it
bumped to a wrong setting? A guy I talk to on 75m at times was having
key problems with a 2000. I don't know if he fixed it or not. MK

Jon Dahl July 18th 03 06:34 PM

Hi Mark,
Thanks for replay.
I got a solution for this problem, and that was to do a "half reset".
This was done by holding A/A ant then pressing ON-button.
I was told that I shold not plug in a key-jack while the tranceiver was ON.
So this was good to remember!.
73
Jon
Mark Keith skrev i