RadioBanter

-   -   mobile rig (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/10538-mobile-rig.html)

Denis O' Flynn July 23rd 03 01:43 PM

mobile rig

What is the best mobile HF, VHF/UHF rig out there at the moment. I'm not aligned to any company so open to all ideas

de Denis
EI6HB

Chris July 23rd 03 04:23 PM

The Icom IC-706MK2G is about the best radio made currently for mobile
use. Expect to pay about $730 US for one.
As for Mobile Antennas, I like the Tarheel Antenna the best. It's
extremely well built using very high quality parts.
73 Chris VE3NGW/W4 Florida

Rick July 23rd 03 10:55 PM

What is the best mobile HF, VHF/UHF rig out there at the moment.

FT-100D. Comes with a cw filter. Get the AM filter if you do any AM
work, and the ATAS auto antenna (tunes itself).

Rick K2XT