RadioBanter

-   -   Mobile Icom 706MKIIg shielding problem ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/10771-mobile-icom-706mkiig-shielding-problem.html)

Jim Dolson August 4th 03 12:25 AM

Mobile Icom 706MKIIg shielding problem ?

Last year I operated my Icom 706MKIIg HF mobile with no problems.
I've taken the HF antenna off and installed a 2m antenna.

With the front panel attached to the main body of the transceiver,
everything works FB.

However, when I remove the front panel and put it between the two
front seats, keying up on 2m causes what sounds like feedback - a high
pitched squeal coming out of the speaker. Talk into the mic and I can
hear myself on the radio speaker quite nicely.

Does it sound like a shielding problem with the separation cable
between the radio and the front panel? I'd be surprised simply
because I can't find any reports of this problem on the net.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim