RadioBanter

-   -   Help me install inrad to R-2000 (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/10958-help-me-install-inrad-r-2000-a.html)

[email protected] August 14th 03 08:07 PM

Help me install inrad to R-2000

I bought an Inrad #528 cw filter off ebay for a Kenwood R-2000. I
removed the bottom panel per the manual.
The space provided for the YG-455-C Kenwood filter is not large enough
for the Inrad. I suppose I can glue it up above the mother board.
The real puzzler is, the Kenwood manual said to solder the YG filter
in place. I see nothing to solder anything to!
The Inrad has 5 pin sockets on each end. Has anyone ever installed one
of these in one of those?
I contacted Inrad for help, but no answers as of yet.. Thanks. James
W5LWU