RadioBanter

-   -   Electric scooter mobile station (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/11034-electric-scooter-mobile-station.html)

Ed Cregger August 20th 03 05:55 AM

Electric scooter mobile station

I have finally succumbed to purchasing an electric scooter in order to
increase my mobility. This is not a child's toy scooter. It is the type that
those with walking problems use in order to get around.

I have been thinking of ways to make this a truly mobile communications
center. At the moment, a Diamond Disconne antenna, which I have, and a Yaesu
FT-817, which I do not have, are very appealing to me. I can't help but
wonder if anyone else has tried something like this, and what, if any,
problems they may have had with RF getting into the scooter's control
system. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Ed, NM2K