RadioBanter

-   -   RCI-SWR Meter (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/112212-rci-swr-meter.html)

Paul December 23rd 06 12:46 AM

RCI-SWR Meter

I'm having trouble with a SWR Meter on a 2995DX Ranger.
The meter movement is non-existent near the operating frequencies.
It moves when the calibration knob is rotated to the SET.
But after that.... zero movement during the SWR function.
I can force the movement if I rotate the calibration knob
during the SWR function though. I have followed the test
instructions according to the instruction manual.
mode= AM
MIC GAIN= min.
RF POWER= max.
P-t-T Calibrate---pointer= SET
ACTIVATE SWR button.
P-t-T and read directly on the scale.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
This is a newly purchased unit from a private party.