RadioBanter

-   -   Mirage 3016 2m Amp (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/11529-mirage-3016-2m-amp.html)

Jason Dugas September 19th 03 03:36 AM

Mirage 3016 2m Amp

I have a Mirage 3016 whose preamp seems to not be working. I was hoping
someone on here might be able to give me some advice in what might be wrong
with it.

When its on SSB, the preamp seems to do nothing to the signal/noise. When
on FM, it seems to actually attenuate the signal/noise. Past experience
with preamps has always been that when you flip these things on, EVERYTHING
gets amplified including the white noise. Just curious if anyone else has
had this problem and if so what was it? What can I change out to maybe fix
it?

Thanks for any info!

Jason
KB5URQ

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** September 20th 03 05:47 AM

Check the relays that switch the preamp in/out.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT

"Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny." -F.Z.

Allodoxaphobia September 20th 03 07:50 PM

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:36:28 -0500, Jason Dugas hath writ:
I have a Mirage 3016 whose preamp seems to not be working. I was hoping
someone on here might be able to give me some advice in what might be wrong
with it.

http://groups.google.com/
groups?as_q=w3dhj%20preamp%20mirage%20b3016&as_ugr oup=rec.radio.*

Mind the wrap there.

73
Jonesy

Allodoxaphobia September 20th 03 07:50 PM