Old September 27th 03, 12:01 AM
Ed G.

Default BPL and UPS

Remember how UPS made a big effort to persuade the FCC how they just HAD
to have spectrum in the 220MHz Ham band? After a lot of arguing and legal
wrangling, they got it.

Then, after they were awarded 2MHz of our 220MHz, remember how they
determined that it didn't really suit their needs and they ended up in the
800MHz service anyway? ( I believe commercial SSB systems were given the
220MHz portion for narrowband systems, which hasn't really worked out very
well......)

Regarding BPL.... I wonder if a similar thing might happen?

Ed