RadioBanter

-   -   Icom 746pro fm audio (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/117961-icom-746pro-fm-audio.html)

bcpiper April 11th 07 04:57 AM

Icom 746pro fm audio

Looking for a way to improve my transmit audio on fm

can anyone help out

currently use the the stock hm-36 microphone

is there any mods for this mike

Thanks Ian VA7SW

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee April 11th 07 05:20 AM

Icom 746pro fm audio

In article . com,
(known to some as bcpiper) scribed...

Looking for a way to improve my transmit audio on fm

snippety

Best advice I can think of is to use a high-quality microphone,
designed for either teleconferencing or broadcast (Shure has some nice
ones -- I use their 503BG myself), and adapt that to your radio. You'll
probably be best off using a low-impedance dynamic.

Happy hunting.

--
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)