RadioBanter

-   -   Help! HTX-100 Squelches on CW (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/12059-help-htx-100-squelches-cw.html)

Steve Kudrick October 15th 03 10:18 PM

Help! HTX-100 Squelches on CW

Hi. I bought a used Radio Shack HTX-100. When I press the CW button, the
radio squelches and only extremely strong signals 'almost' break the
squelch. Sounds like the squelch minimum setting istoo high. Can anyone
help? Please reply to . Thanks! N3CNR

Steve Silverwood October 23rd 03 03:16 AM

[This followup was posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]

In article ,
says...
Hi. I bought a used Radio Shack HTX-100. When I press the CW button, the
radio squelches and only extremely strong signals 'almost' break the
squelch. Sounds like the squelch minimum setting istoo high. Can anyone
help? Please reply to
. Thanks! N3CNR

You can probably get enough information from the Radio Shack web site
and its library of online manuals for their products to make the
appropriate adjustment to the internals. Just FYI....

The HTX-100 is a pretty decent radio, too. I had one back in the late
80s. A buddy of mine and I used to drive in to work at Ashton-Tate in
Torrance, CA -- same time of day but way different routes so we couldn't
carpool -- and yakked on 10m USB on the way in. Tim had a trimmed-down
102" CB whip on his car, while I had a base-loaded mag-mount CB antenna
from RS trimmed down to work on 10m. One day we were doing the usual
bit and a Ukraine station broke in to say hi. Would you believe he had
us both S8 there, and we had his signals at a good S7-plus in both
mobiles! One of the best darn QSOs I've ever had!

Three cheers for the HTX-100!

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS