RadioBanter

-   -   IC-2100H HM-133S MIC S1 Problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/121474-ic-2100h-hm-133s-mic-s1-problem.html)

[email protected] July 5th 07 06:42 AM

IC-2100H HM-133S MIC S1 Problem

I have a HM-133s mike that has a bad push to talk button problem. I
found that the switch, S1 on the pc board has failed. I am looking for
a replacement switch to restore this unit back to working condition
again.
Where can you buy a switch to fix this unit?

Dana Myers July 5th 07 08:00 PM

wrote:
I have a HM-133s mike that has a bad push to talk button problem. I
found that the switch, S1 on the pc board has failed. I am looking for
a replacement switch to restore this unit back to working condition
again.
Where can you buy a switch to fix this unit?

Have you tried contacting Icom? In the US, (800) 306-1380.

Dana K6JQ

[email protected] July 6th 07 07:56 PM

On Jul 5, 3:00 pm, Dana Myers wrote:
wrote:
I have aHM-133smike that has a bad push to talk button problem. I
found that the switch, S1 on the pc board has failed. I am looking for
a replacement switch to restore this unit back to working condition
again.
Where can you buy a switch to fix this unit?

Have you tried contacting Icom? In the US, (800) 306-1380.

Dana K6JQ

I believe they would want to sell a new mike. I did find a button
switch that fit the mounting. I thought the shroud was part of the
assembly but it was two pieces, the switch and the shroud that held
the it. It is now working again with an investment of 32 cents. Not
bad for a little time on the bench... Thanks, Bill Piper, N8PRC

Dana Myers July 10th 07 05:28 AM

wrote:
I have aHM-133smike that has a bad push to talk button problem. I
found that the switch, S1 on the pc board has failed. I am looking for
a replacement switch to restore this unit back to working condition
again.
Where can you buy a switch to fix this unit?

Have you tried contacting Icom? In the US, (800) 306-1380.

Dana K6JQ

I believe they would want to sell a new mike.

They might, but my (perhaps limited) experience with Icom was that
pretty much any part you wanted, they'd sell you, and they
weren't *that* expensive. It's certainly worth a toll-free
call to find out, IMHO.

I did find a button
switch that fit the mounting. I thought the shroud was part of the
assembly but it was two pieces, the switch and the shroud that held
the it. It is now working again with an investment of 32 cents. Not
bad for a little time on the bench... Thanks, Bill Piper, N8PRC

Very good.

Dana K6JQ

Bmaintz July 14th 07 11:53 PM

I also had the same problem & found a cold solder joint on the circuit board...
73
Bob

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 578896)