RadioBanter

-   -   HP8753A help required (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/121775-hp8753a-help-required.html)

David July 13th 07 11:36 AM

HP8753A help required

Hi,

I have just purchased a HP8753A VNA and need some help setting the thing up.

I want to start off just measuring impedance of lumped components but I
cannot get any sensible readings. I have tried all sorts of Calibrations
from the operation manual but still no luck.

I have the HP85044A Test Set and the 50 Ohm Calibration set.

I am trying to connect a coaxial lead to the Test port on the Test Set
and so a 1 Port measurement. I have tried both RESPONSE cal and 1-Port
Cal and placed a short,oopen and 50 Ohm load at end of the coax and then
after calibration I place a leaded cap but do not get anything like I
see in RF books I Have.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

David