RadioBanter

-   -   Yaesu FT-212 S meter question (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/125611-yaesu-ft-212-s-meter-question.html)

Craig[_3_] October 3rd 07 03:21 AM

Yaesu FT-212 S meter question

I recently bought a used Yaesu FT-212RH, in very good condition,
everything seems to work fine.
Though the S-meter is a somewhat odd or very, very stingy.

When talking to people simplex, the s-meter (bars) either dont show
any signal strength at all or very little, even when the simplex
station is strong. When listening to repeaters the s-meter bar lights
show up in varying signal strengths, so I know the S-meter does work.

Does someone have a service manual or know how to adjust this S-
meter.

Thank You

Pete KE9OA October 5th 07 08:05 AM

Yaesu FT-212 S meter question

I would hook it up to a signal generator with a calibrated attenuator first,
just to make sure that you don't have a blown front end device. Also, you
will be able to see how many microvolts are required to "move the meter".
You should be able to easily hear a 0.1uV signal from the generator.

Pete

ups.com...