RadioBanter

-   -   Transparent Plastic Sheet (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/13541-transparent-plastic-sheet.html)

Nitespark December 26th 03 09:44 PM

Transparent Plastic Sheet

I need a couple of small pieces (1-1/2" X 2-3/4") of transparent plastic
tinted preferably red but other colors may be acceptable.

These are for a display window on an electronic readout.

If anyone has a small sheet of plastic stock like that or can suggest a
retail outlet that may offer it, I would appreciate it.

Andy
WD4KDN

Harold E. Johnson December 26th 03 09:58 PM

I need a couple of small pieces (1-1/2" X 2-3/4") of transparent plastic
tinted preferably red but other colors may be acceptable.

These are for a display window on an electronic readout.

If anyone has a small sheet of plastic stock like that or can suggest a
retail outlet that may offer it, I would appreciate it.

Hi Andy, I recently purchased some "polarizing film" for the same purpose,
and the minimum purchase was 2 feet square. If you'll confirm your address,
I'll drop a piece in the mail, 4 square feet is a lifetime supply for me.

Jingle bells

W4ZCB

Michael Black December 27th 03 12:38 AM

Nitespark ) writes:
I need a couple of small pieces (1-1/2" X 2-3/4") of transparent plastic
tinted preferably red but other colors may be acceptable.

These are for a display window on an electronic readout.

If anyone has a small sheet of plastic stock like that or can suggest a
retail outlet that may offer it, I would appreciate it.

Andy
WD4KDN

Go to a place that sells plexiglass, and buy a small piece of thin
red plexiglass. I think another color, like smoke/gray may also
work. You may find they already have a box of scrap pieces, that
they'll sell to you real cheap, or maybe even free. Since you
need only a small piece, you have more luxury than someone who needs
a big piece.

Or, assuming you just want it for contrast and dust rather than
because you expect a lot of pressure or force on it, you can go
to a stationary store and buy a red plastic report cover. Cut out
the pieces you need, and mount it behind your front panel. The cover
should cost under a dollar. Again, you might also consider smoke/gray
covers.

Michael VE2BVW

[email protected] December 27th 03 01:52 AM

On 27 Dec 2003 00:38:47 GMT, (Michael Black)
wrote:

Nitespark ) writes:
[...]

For red stuff, you could also try an auto parts store. Look
for the material used to temporarily repair broken taillight lenses.
You can also layer it ig you need greater density.

Nitespark December 27th 03 01:57 AM

Michael Black wrote:

Nitespark ) writes:

[...]

thanks for the suggestions Michael.

Harold, W4ZCB is sending me some material he used on a similar project.
There will be no pressure or stress on it. It is merely cover for a
digital readout more for aesthetics than anything else.

I had considered Lexan and using some sort of film on it, but Lexan
off-gasses, and would most likely bubble up any type of applied film.
--
Gun Control works!!! 3 million Holocaust victims can’t be wrong.