RadioBanter

-   -   SOS Faulty Sony ICF-SW55 (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/137241-sos-faulty-sony-icf-sw55.html)

Stormcat October 2nd 08 07:54 PM

SOS Faulty Sony ICF-SW55

Strange things happening with my old Sony ICF-SW55...

SW frequencies seem to work fine... LW and MW frequencies don't work.

FM doesn't work - in fact, the radio locks up when FM is selected.

I can get the LW and MW to 'work' again by touching various parts of the circuit board with my finger while the back is off.

Display shows "CAL" at switch on, which I suppose is some kind of calibration routine?

Can anyone help with some ideas?

Thanks.