RadioBanter

-   -   FA: R-390A built by ECA (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/138711-fa-r-390a-built-eca.html)

K November 20th 08 03:40 AM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA

http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg

John Smith November 20th 08 06:49 AM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA

http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg

Wow, that brings back memories. That is a receiver which came into
being right around when I did (1950's).

The tubes in it alone worth something (can be hard to get replacements
these days, just price them!)

I sat before one of those for untold hours in my younger days ... shame
SW is so empty these days ... :-( It was an EXCELLENT RECEIVER ...

Regards,
JS

Dave[_18_] November 20th 08 01:46 PM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA

http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg

What's the green thing by the headphone jack?

Tim Shoppa November 20th 08 02:27 PM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

On Nov 20, 8:46*am, Dave wrote:
K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA

http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg

What's the green thing by the headphone jack?

A very common modification, especially by the Navy, was to add a jack
there to monitor the diode load voltage, this makes their regular
maintenance much much easier. NAVSHIPS-0967-063-2140 documents this.

Tim N3QE

Dave[_18_] November 20th 08 02:50 PM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Nov 20, 8:46 am, Dave wrote:
K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA
http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg

What's the green thing by the headphone jack?

A very common modification, especially by the Navy, was to add a jack
there to monitor the diode load voltage, this makes their regular
maintenance much much easier. NAVSHIPS-0967-063-2140 documents this.

Tim N3QE

Isn't there a Diode Load terminal on the back already?

BTW: That paint job looks awful. Too shiny. I had 2 of those beasts
and liked a slightly worn look a lot better.

They aren't that difficult to tweak to superior performance. I
wouldn't spend more than $500 for one with a good RF deck.

Dave[_18_] November 20th 08 02:54 PM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Nov 20, 8:46 am, Dave wrote:
K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA
http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg

What's the green thing by the headphone jack?

A very common modification, especially by the Navy, was to add a jack
there to monitor the diode load voltage, this makes their regular
maintenance much much easier. NAVSHIPS-0967-063-2140 documents this.

Tim N3QE

The NAVSHIPS document states that a Dymo label should be affixed by the
jack.

Tim Shoppa November 20th 08 03:19 PM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

On Nov 20, 9:54*am, Dave wrote:
Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Nov 20, 8:46 am, Dave wrote:
K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA
http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg
What's the green thing by the headphone jack?

A very common modification, especially by the Navy, was to add a jack
there to monitor the diode load voltage, this makes their regular
maintenance much much easier. NAVSHIPS-0967-063-2140 documents this.

Tim N3QE

The NAVSHIPS document states that a Dymo label should be affixed by the
jack.

Related to your other comment, I think that the one on the E-place has
been repainted.

My yellow striper came with the decades-old Dymo stickers still
attached. I swear the glues in modern Dymo labels aren't as good.

Tim.

Dave[_18_] November 21st 08 02:19 PM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Nov 20, 9:54 am, Dave wrote:
Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Nov 20, 8:46 am, Dave wrote:
K wrote:
FA: An excellent R-390A built by ECA
http://tinyurl.com/6ydbsg
What's the green thing by the headphone jack?
A very common modification, especially by the Navy, was to add a jack
there to monitor the diode load voltage, this makes their regular
maintenance much much easier. NAVSHIPS-0967-063-2140 documents this.
Tim N3QE

The NAVSHIPS document states that a Dymo label should be affixed by the
jack.

Related to your other comment, I think that the one on the E-place has
been repainted.

My yellow striper came with the decades-old Dymo stickers still
attached. I swear the glues in modern Dymo labels aren't as good.

Tim.

But the P-touch makes suitable substitutes that look great and adhere
very well.

highlandham[_2_] November 22nd 08 07:24 PM

FA: R-390A built by ECA

My yellow striper came with the decades-old Dymo stickers still
attached. I swear the glues in modern Dymo labels aren't as good.

Tim.

But the P-touch makes suitable substitutes that look great and adhere
very well.

If you mean the P-touch from Brother, yes that's an excellent type of
label(er)

Frank