RadioBanter

-   -   WTB Weller soldering iron (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/140126-wtb-weller-soldering-iron.html)

Harold E. Johnson January 13th 09 02:09 AM

WTB Weller soldering iron

Looking for just the TC201 soldering iron that goes with their TC202
station. Actually, if I could just find out what the two IC's are that are
house numbered, I could likely repair the one I have.

W4ZCB

Dave[_18_] January 13th 09 02:30 AM

WTB Weller soldering iron

Harold E. Johnson wrote:
Looking for just the TC201 soldering iron that goes with their TC202
station. Actually, if I could just find out what the two IC's are that are
house numbered, I could likely repair the one I have.

W4ZCB

Do yourself a favor:

http://www.kimcodistributing.com/sto...=461&ITEM_ID=7

Fixing a Weller is good money after bad.

Harold E. Johnson January 13th 09 12:01 PM

WTB Weller soldering iron

"Dave" wrote in message
Harold E. Johnson wrote:
Looking for just the TC201 soldering iron that goes with their TC202
station. Actually, if I could just find out what the two IC's are that
are
house numbered, I could likely repair the one I have.

W4ZCB

Do yourself a favor:

http://www.kimcodistributing.com/sto...=461&ITEM_ID=7

Fixing a Weller is good money after bad.

Dave, I'm 82 years old, have been a homebrewer for over 65 of them, and
possibly have melted more solder than you weigh. I have had employees and
myself using Weller products for at least 50 years and could really get
along without your sage advise. Now if you have a spare TC201 around, name
your price.

W4ZCB

Dave[_18_] January 13th 09 01:54 PM

WTB Weller soldering iron

Harold E. Johnson wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
Harold E. Johnson wrote:
Looking for just the TC201 soldering iron that goes with their TC202
station. Actually, if I could just find out what the two IC's are that
are
house numbered, I could likely repair the one I have.

W4ZCB

Do yourself a favor:

http://www.kimcodistributing.com/sto...=461&ITEM_ID=7

Fixing a Weller is good money after bad.

Dave, I'm 82 years old, have been a homebrewer for over 65 of them, and
possibly have melted more solder than you weigh. I have had employees and
myself using Weller products for at least 50 years and could really get
along without your sage advise. Now if you have a spare TC201 around, name
your price.

W4ZCB

I work in a laboratory. We have Wellers and Xytronics (which use Hakko
heating elements and are quite similar). Nobody uses the Wellers if
they can help it. The Xytronics are much lighter and easier to maneuver.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=176189

Now I'll look for a loose handle...

GregS[_2_] January 13th 09 04:20 PM

WTB Weller soldering iron

In article , Dave wrote:
Harold E. Johnson wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
Harold E. Johnson wrote:
[...]

I have some of each. One Xytronic over 15 years old. But, after
using a Weller thin pencil all others are like holding baseball bats. I like this 80 watt Weller
pen.....
http://www.venso.se/images/weller/lo...p80set_600.jpg

Clive[_2_] January 13th 09 05:58 PM

WTB Weller soldering iron

Harold E. Johnson wrote:
Looking for just the TC201 soldering iron that goes with their TC202
station. Actually, if I could just find out what the two IC's are that are
house numbered, I could likely repair the one I have.

W4ZCB

Have a look on ebay, they tend to go cheaply second user and not a bad
price new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WELLER-TC201T-SOLDERING-IRON-BRAND-NEW-TC201_W0QQitemZ290288068469QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item290288068469&_trksid=p3286 .c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

I've had a few complete stations from ebay for less than 20 GBP over the
last couple of years, far nicer to use than the cheap Chinese units we
were using.

Don't you hate it when they house code a $1 IC...

Clive

Dave[_18_] January 14th 09 02:49 AM

WTB Weller soldering iron

GregS wrote:
In article , Dave wrote:
Harold E. Johnson wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
Harold E. Johnson wrote:
[...]

That looks cool. The ones we have at work are klunky.

Dale Parfitt[_3_] January 14th 09 03:51 AM

WTB Weller soldering iron

"Harold E. Johnson" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Harold E. Johnson wrote:
Looking for just the TC201 soldering iron that goes with their TC202
station. Actually, if I could just find out what the two IC's are that
are
house numbered, I could likely repair the one I have.

W4ZCB

Do yourself a favor:

http://www.kimcodistributing.com/sto...=461&ITEM_ID=7

Fixing a Weller is good money after bad.

Dave, I'm 82 years old, have been a homebrewer for over 65 of them, and
possibly have melted more solder than you weigh. I have had employees and
myself using Weller products for at least 50 years and could really get
along without your sage advise. Now if you have a spare TC201 around, name
your price.

W4ZCB

I'm with you Harold. I have both and prefer the Weller's much more flexible
cord to the pen.

Dale W4OP

Harold E. Johnson January 14th 09 01:06 PM

WTB Weller soldering iron

Do yourself a favor:

http://www.kimcodistributing.com/sto...=461&ITEM_ID=7

Fixing a Weller is good money after bad.

Dave, I'm 82 years old, have been a homebrewer for over 65 of them, and
possibly have melted more solder than you weigh. I have had employees and
myself using Weller products for at least 50 years and could really get
along without your sage advise. Now if you have a spare TC201 around,
name your price.

W4ZCB

I'm with you Harold. I have both and prefer the Weller's much more
flexible cord to the pen.

Dale W4OP

Sigh! GM Dale. Good to hear from you as always. All I was trying to do was
find an operational TC201 to go with my TC202. (Now I have. Thanks to W9GB,
Weller at Apex, NC will repair my old one. Try to get the Chinese folks to
supply that kind of service.) Now I have also seen how these threads develop
a life of their own. It all seems to start with an indefagitable desire to
express an opinion instead of help. I do believe I wouldn't trade a TC201
for 10K opinions. Make that 100K. Pick any number!

Regards
W4ZCB

Dave[_18_] January 14th 09 01:21 PM

WTB Weller soldering iron

Harold E. Johnson wrote:
[...]

Hakko is Japanese. Weller is overpriced.