RadioBanter

-   -   Alkaline battery drain on FT-817, even when off (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/14090-alkaline-battery-drain-ft-817-even-when-off.html)

Frank Olaughlin January 21st 04 06:55 PM

Alkaline battery drain on FT-817, even when off

I seem to notice that I get a battery drain on the alkalines in the
FT-817, even when it is turned off with nothing else attached (ext
power supply). Has anyone else noticed this condition? I've come up
with a home brew case that will use a SLA battery to externally power
it, but am still concerned about any (even if small) continuous
battery drain. Any comments or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

73 Frank WQ1O