RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood 930 and 440 problems (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/14094-kenwood-930-440-problems.html)

Kirk Mohror January 24th 04 03:52 AM

Kenwood 930 and 440 problems

Let's start with the 440.
I hear that this is a common problem. Sometimes the display will go to all
decimal points. What is the cause and what is the correction?
Now for the 930.
While operating, the radio would shut down for a second, did this 2 or 3
times then heard a small snap/crack.............dead. All fuses are good.
The only thing that comes on is the light on the analog meter.
I measured 12vdc and 28vdc at the power supply. The power supply fan turns
slow.
I do have the service manual, but there is no schematic for the powere
supply.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kirk Mohror