RadioBanter

-   -   ICOM SERIAL NUMBERS (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/14150-icom-serial-numbers.html)

Joe Giudici January 26th 04 09:40 PM

ICOM SERIAL NUMBERS

Can someone tell me the how to decipher the date on an Icom Serial Number
that's on an IC-910H. The number is 02801.
Thanks,
Joe - N1VJJ

January 26th 04 11:18 PM

In article ,
(Joe Giudici) wrote:

Can someone tell me the how to decipher the date on an Icom Serial Number
that's on an IC-910H. The number is 02801.
Thanks,
Joe - N1VJJ

A few years ago Icom stopped encoding the serial number. So I don't
think there is any way to decipher the sn. It does not contain any
information other than to identify one individual box.

Anybody have better information please come forward.

73
Dale, K9VUJ
--

January 26th 04 11:18 PM

Gary P. Fiber January 27th 04 12:56 AM

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:18:06 GMT, wrote:

In article ,
(Joe Giudici) wrote:

Can someone tell me the how to decipher the date on an Icom Serial Number
that's on an IC-910H. The number is 02801.
Thanks,
Joe - N1VJJ

A few years ago Icom stopped encoding the serial number. So I don't
think there is any way to decipher the sn. It does not contain any
information other than to identify one individual box.

Anybody have better information please come forward.

73
Dale, K9VUJ

I worked for Icom from 1989 until 2001 and Never knew the serial
number had any reference to the date of manufacture. The serial number
just identifies the product.

There is usually a version number close to the serial number.
Depending upon the part of the world you live the version number will
be different.

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991

Allodoxaphobia January 27th 04 01:43 AM

On 26 Jan 2004 21:40:25 GMT, Joe Giudici hath writ:
Can someone tell me the how to decipher the date on an Icom Serial Number
that's on an IC-910H. The number is 02801.
Thanks,
Joe - N1VJJ

Rip the covers off and look for the most "recent" date
code on the IC's, electrolytics, and other components.
The manufacture date should be within a month or so past that.

73
Jonesy

Allodoxaphobia January 27th 04 01:43 AM