RadioBanter

-   -   IC-730 question (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/142008-ic-730-question.html)

Steve March 23rd 09 06:56 PM

IC-730 question

Just picked up one of these, and solved the preamp relay
problem. I'm not getting anything out on transmit, and its
not drawing much current, In SSB and AM, I can see
normal meter deflection when the meter is in ALC mode,
but no RF.

I've heard that these radios are very sensitive to SWR, and
will shut down the finals, and am wondering if this is causing
a problem.

Comments, suggestions? TIA
Steve
p.s.-yes, I tried transmitting into a load, and I am a ham

dave March 24th 09 01:56 PM

IC-730 question

Steve wrote:
Just picked up one of these, and solved the preamp relay
problem. I'm not getting anything out on transmit, and its
not drawing much current, In SSB and AM, I can see
normal meter deflection when the meter is in ALC mode,
but no RF.

I've heard that these radios are very sensitive to SWR, and
will shut down the finals, and am wondering if this is causing
a problem.

Comments, suggestions? TIA
Steve
p.s.-yes, I tried transmitting into a load, and I am a ham

Is there a "Carrier" knob?