RadioBanter

-   -   Distorted audio on IC730 (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/148512-distorted-audio-ic730.html)

Tom Corker[_2_] December 9th 09 01:20 PM

Distorted audio on IC730

My old IC730 is giving me some problems with the TX audio. It used to
be fine, but I started getting poor audio reports. I checked my signal
with another reciever and my audio is quite distorted. I've posted a
sample at http://www.zshare.net/audio/696470222a13632b/ .
I've tried several mics and I'm pretty sure I'm not overdriving it.
Someone suggested it might be RF feedback, but it still happens when
using a dummy load and ferrites on the mic lead. I'm armed an
oscilloscope and circuit diagrams, but if ayone could give any
pointers on what I might look for I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
Tom 2E0WNT

Telstar Electronics January 24th 10 09:29 PM

Distorted audio on IC730

Have you looked at the audio... just prior to mixing with the RF?
Does a medium to high level audio signal show signs of envelope
clipping?
What about a low level audio signal... does that make it through the
audio chain properly? If not, you could have a biasing issue.

Spamm Trappe January 25th 10 03:34 PM

Distorted audio on IC730

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:29:25 -0800 (PST), Telstar Electronics wrote:

Have you looked at the audio... just prior to mixing with the RF?

Me? No. I have no idea what you're refering to.

Does a medium to high level audio signal show signs of envelope
clipping?

Gee, what "high level audio signal"?

What about a low level audio signal... does that make it through the
audio chain properly? If not, you could have a biasing issue.

Huh? I could have a "biasing issue"? How? Where?

*NO!* WAIT! Damn!!! I'm replying to a google grooper's posting.
No wonder it makes little sense.

And, lastly:

http://improve-usenet.org/