RadioBanter

-   -   Newbie- test equiptment for am receivers ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/15065-newbie-test-equiptment-am-receivers.html)

parangles March 13th 04 03:06 PM

Newbie- test equiptment for am receivers ?

What inexpensive test equiptment can I use to
troubleshoot and repair old am ( broadcastband)transistor radios?
I have seen a Velleman Signal generator kit $11, output 1Khz fixed,
0-100mVrms, and CKIT has a signal injector kit$6 and an Audio signal
tracer kit$8.I have only a digital voltage meter and a homemade audio
output level indicator. My experience is limited to building a few
kits etc.
Your help will be really appreciated.

Incognito March 13th 04 03:19 PM

Parangles -- maybe see Troubleshooting and repair of radios at URL:"
http://www.ac6v.com/techref.htm#TS

Has three links to explore

The Troubleshooting the Stages of a Typical Superheterodyne Receiver should
get you started

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

om...

Ralph Mowery March 14th 04 11:08 PM

"parangles" wrote in message
om...
What inexpensive test equiptment can I use to
troubleshoot and repair old am ( broadcastband)transistor radios?
I have seen a Velleman Signal generator kit $11, output 1Khz fixed,
0-100mVrms, and CKIT has a signal injector kit$6 and an Audio signal
tracer kit$8.I have only a digital voltage meter and a homemade audio
output level indicator. My experience is limited to building a few
kits etc.
Your help will be really appreciated.

For really inexpensive equipment any of the old signal generators like that
will be helpful. It might also be helpful if you add a frequency counter so
you can set the frequency of the generator accurately. Some of the old
Eico, Heathkit and knight generators that cover broad frequencie ranges can
be bought for about $ 10 to $ 30 off e-bay work for what you want to do.