RadioBanter

-   -   FT847 CW filters (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/15217-ft847-cw-filters.html)

Neoklis March 20th 04 06:33 PM

FT847 CW filters

Hi all,

I wonder if it is possible to have two filters for the CW/N mode of
the FT847. I have currently installed a 125 Hz Xtal filter which is
fine for CW/PSK31 but too narrow for the Feld Hell mode. It really
would be nice to be able to switch to the original 300 Hz Collins mech
filter for the Hellschreiber mode, since the Xtal filter seems to ring
and so smudges the characters on the screen.

My tks in advance to all.

p.s. Please note that my email address is now

73's de "Nick" 5B4AZ

Ed G March 20th 04 07:17 PM

I wonder if it is possible to have two filters for the CW/N mode of
the FT847.

Nick,

You might try to contact W4RT at: http://www.w4rt.com

He does mods to install two filters; one SSB, and one CW. Perhaps he
might consider doing one for two differenc CW filters as you need.

Ed WB6SAT

Alan P. Biddle March 21st 04 12:01 PM

It still wouldn't hurt to ask. I have talked with them at the
Huntsville Hamfest, and they are very knowledgeable. They might have
an idea, or know of a product which will do what you want.

Alan
WA4SCA

Neoklis March 22nd 04 08:07 AM

Alan P. Biddle wrote in message . ..
It still wouldn't hurt to ask. I have talked with them at the
Huntsville Hamfest, and they are very knowledgeable. They might have
an idea, or know of a product which will do what you want.

Alan
WA4SCA

Tks,

I also had a good look at the circuit and the only way seems to be to
"hack" the pc board that my Inrad xtal filter is connected to, so that
a second filter may be switched with micro c/o reed relays, possibly
at the cost of some signal leakage.

73's 5B4AZ