RadioBanter

-   -   FT-90 Startup Insanity??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/15628-ft-90-startup-insanity.html)

Vito April 8th 04 04:02 PM

FT-90 Startup Insanity???

Hi,
My YL & I have Yaesu FT-90s in our cars. We have been more than satisfied
with them except on cool mornings after they've sat out overnight unused for
a day or two. Then either the display goes south and/or the rig refuses to
xmit, or to recv (not necessarily all at once) until fiddled with (e.g.,
keyed up, tune knob twisted, cursed, et cetera) awhile. Once it works, it's
good to go for the day. I've been told that Yaesus are afraid of the dark
and to put a light bulb under them but that'd be a pain since they're
mobile. Anybody know a solution?

TIA, K3DWW