RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood TS440- need help (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/15839-kenwood-ts440-need-help.html)

Mike April 21st 04 01:03 AM

Kenwood TS440- need help

I havent used my TS440S/AT in some time and turned it on last night. I just
keept beeping and the display lit up segments that were not numbers, so I
quickly turned it off and made sure it was not keyed or anything else was
amiss externally. I retried t but it did the same thing again. My suspicion
is that the circuit board battery has finially died? Does this sound like
the result, and how is it replaced? I went to Kenwoods website to check
for a service bulletin but there was none, this is probably covered in the
service manual.
Mike
KA1DRZ
remove the QRMary to email me