RadioBanter

-   -   IC-706 Tune Module (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/15954-ic-706-tune-module.html)

Ken Bjorklund May 2nd 04 01:40 PM

IC-706 Tune Module

Several years ago there was a external plugin module marketed for the 706
series radios that provided a 10 watt carrier output from the radio. I have not
seen them advertised lately and was wondering if they are still available since
I'm planning on getting a new 706mk2G. Any info appreciated.

73
Ken
KK4BH

[email protected] May 2nd 04 04:26 PM

"Ken Bjorklund" wrote in message
Several years ago there was a external plugin module marketed for

the 706
series radios that provided a 10 watt carrier output from the radio.

I have not
seen them advertised lately and was wondering if they are still

available since
I'm planning on getting a new 706mk2G. Any info appreciated.

73
Ken
KK4BH

wd4awo sells them on EBay frequently for $10 + shipping. Search on his
callsign as user name or search for "icom tuner control"

Paul AB0SI

Bob M. May 2nd 04 06:35 PM

"Ken Bjorklund" wrote in message
Several years ago there was a external plugin module marketed for the 706
series radios that provided a 10 watt carrier output from the radio. I

have not
seen them advertised lately and was wondering if they are still available

since
I'm planning on getting a new 706mk2G. Any info appreciated.

73
Ken
KK4BH

Not necessary for the 2g. It provides it's own tune signal.

Fred McKenzie May 2nd 04 07:26 PM

Several years ago there was a external plugin module marketed for the 706
series radios that provided a 10 watt carrier output from the radio. I have not
seen them advertised lately and was wondering if they are still available

Ken-

I purchased one recently from Amateur Electronic Supply for around $20-$25.
They are made by another company, but listed under the IC-706 in their catalog
price list.

I purchased it just "to have", as I normally use the AT-180 tuner. As I
understand it, its purpose is to be able to use a non-Icom tuner.

73, Fred, K4DII

Chuck May 2nd 04 09:09 PM

ojunk (Ken Bjorklund) wrote in message ...
Several years ago there was a external plugin module marketed for the 706
series radios that provided a 10 watt carrier output from the radio. I have not
seen them advertised lately and was wondering if they are still available since
I'm planning on getting a new 706mk2G. Any info appreciated.

73
Ken
KK4BH

Ken,

Check out the ham radio listings on eBay. Their are usually dozens for
sale at any given time.

73's
Chuck
WØCBF

Gary P. Fiber May 3rd 04 04:01 AM

On Sun, 2 May 2004 11:35:22 -0600, "Bob M." wrote:

"Ken Bjorklund" wrote in message
Several years ago there was a external plugin module marketed for the 706
series radios that provided a 10 watt carrier output from the radio. I

have not
seen them advertised lately and was wondering if they are still available

since
I'm planning on getting a new 706mk2G. Any info appreciated.

73
Ken
KK4BH

Not necessary for the 2g. It provides it's own tune signal.

That little module fakes a tuner being connected so the 706 series
outputs the 10 watt signal into something like a manual tuner.

The 706MKIIG will not go into tune mode without a tuner attached. Nor
will the 706MKII or the original 706.

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991