RadioBanter

-   -   Help: KW TM-732 (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/16144-help-kw-tm-732-a.html)

PD May 15th 04 02:24 PM

Help: KW TM-732

Thanks for reading....

My KW TM-732 generates an RF carrier, but does not mix audio all of a
sudden. I have proved it to be the radio and not the mic. Any ideas or
experience with this problem might be helpful to me.

73 de W4PD

w4pd(at)bellsouth(dot)net

Fred McKenzie May 17th 04 05:02 AM

My KW TM-732 generates an RF carrier, but does not mix audio all of a
sudden. I have proved it to be the radio and not the mic.

PD-

I had a very frustrating problem like yours with a Kenwood TS-660. With
service manual in hand, I tried making voltage and oscilloscope measurements,
but nothing seemed to be out of order. Not being able to track it down, I set
the radio aside for several years.

Recently I came across it and decided to give it another try. This time I
found that the microphone really was bad. It had an intermittent connection,
and just happened to work when I had tried it on another rig.

73, Fred, K4DII