RadioBanter

-   -   PCI FM Receiver? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/16261-pci-fm-receiver.html)

ben mitch May 17th 04 02:51 PM

PCI FM Receiver?

hi,

i have been looking for an FM receiver that will pick up an audio
transmission between 170-180MHz and pipe it into the input of my
machine's soundcard. at the moment, i am looking at the ICOM PCR1000,
but i am really quite averse to investing that much money in this little
experiment.

it struck me - perhaps there is a PCI slot card available that will act
as an FM receiver? does anybody know of such a thing? i think you get FM
receivers packaged with TV-in cards, but i don't suppose they will
support the waveband i'm looking at.

also, does anyone have any comment on alternative avenues i might
follow? i have considered building my own receiver, but the time
investment would probably not make the saving worthwhile (the PCR1000 is
about £350), but if anyone could suggest a receiver module that would
likely do what i'm after with minimal further design work, i'd like to
hear about it.

thanks for your time,

ben mitch