RadioBanter

-   -   Electroplated ham badge : it is arrived ! (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/16347-electroplated-ham-badge-arrived.html)

Thierry May 26th 04 04:15 PM

Electroplated ham badge : it is arrived !

Hi,

Promized thing, due thing (or something like that, sorry)

There are some years the US company Westid sold an electroplated badge for
radio amateurs showing your callsign. The owner being silent key, the
business stopped with him.
See my first review at http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2668

During some months I searched for a new manufacturer able to make the same
product with the same quality, features and options for the lower cost as
possible and without no participation from myself.

After discussion, the company MAXSELL friendly accepted to resume the
business.
That was not easy because we had to find a way to reproduce the original
design showing a hamshack or to find back the original "master dye".
Hopefully MAXSELL investigated and an agreement was found with the previous
designer.

So, to all of you who contacted me last year and this year about this badge,
and how to get the new one, I can now tell you that the badge is available
again on electroplated support, gold or silver, text in blue, black or red
with any custom comment.
See at http://www.maxsell.com/radio_badge.htm

For all non-US readers, and specially for European hams, add about $18 for
the shipment and insurance.

At my knowledge this is the only company that provides such a product for
the ham community.

73
Thierry, ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

May 26th 04 04:30 PM

In rec.radio.amateur.dx Thierry wrote:

some years the US company Westid sold an electroplated badge for
radio amateurs showing your callsign. The owner being silent key

"BADGES? We doan need no steenkin' BADGES!!!"

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001

Gordon Hudson May 26th 04 04:43 PM

wrote in message
In rec.radio.amateur.dx Thierry wrote:

some years the US company Westid sold an electroplated badge for
radio amateurs showing your callsign. The owner being silent key

"BADGES? We doan need no steenkin' BADGES!!!"

Ideal for RAYNET use:

http://www.maxsell.com/radio_badge.htm

"Model # M105
The badge recesses into the leather. Money and credit cards can be stored
and retrieved without displaying the badge. Our most popular law enforcement
model."

[email protected] May 26th 04 06:48 PM

wrote in message
In rec.radio.amateur.dx Thierry wrote:

some years the US company Westid sold an electroplated badge for
radio amateurs showing your callsign. The owner being silent key

"BADGES? We doan need no steenkin' BADGES!!!"

Someone HAD to say that.. not surprised it's a Dukie. :)

Paul AB0SI

[email protected] May 26th 04 07:27 PM

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:15:49 +0200, "Thierry" Answer direct via
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/post.htm wrote:

At my knowledge this is the only company that provides such a product for
the ham community.

Nah, you can get badges at lots of places..... Here's one - ID cards
too:

http://kh2d.net/store/

73, Jim KH2D

Steveo May 26th 04 08:58 PM

wrote:
Hi,

Promized thing, due thing (or something like that, sorry)

Isn't spam a by-product of ham? g

William May 27th 04 01:58 AM

wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:15:49 +0200, "Thierry" Answer direct via
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/post.htm wrote:

At my knowledge this is the only company that provides such a product for
the ham community.

Nah, you can get badges at lots of places..... Here's one - ID cards
too:

http://kh2d.net/store/

73, Jim KH2D

Hey, Jim, awesome stuff. But the photo ID looks nothing like you. ;^)

Brian/N0iMD

[email protected] May 27th 04 08:03 AM

On 26 May 2004 17:58:53 -0700, (William) wrote:

wrote in message . ..

http://kh2d.net/store/

73, Jim KH2D

Hey, Jim, awesome stuff. But the photo ID looks nothing like you. ;^)

Brian/N0iMD

It's not me - you have to look at the Secret Agent Code to see who it
is.......

73, Jim KH2D

[email protected] May 27th 04 08:03 AM

wrote in message . ..

http://kh2d.net/store/

73, Jim KH2D

Hey, Jim, awesome stuff. But the photo ID looks nothing like you. ;^)

Brian/N0iMD

It's not me - you have to look at the Secret Agent Code to see who it
is.......

73, Jim KH2D

May 27th 04 12:30 PM

In rec.radio.amateur.dx wrote:

At my knowledge this is the only company that provides such a product for

Nah, you can get badges at lots of places..... Here's one ..
http://kh2d.net/store/

BWAH-hah-hah-HAH! ROFL!

I've known a couple of "cop wannabees"--and they tend to be
pretty weird people. Why in the world does a HAM need a
steenkin' BADGE? Doesn't the world have enough potbellied
old men flashing badges without adding hams to the ranks?

Dale Martin May 31st 04 04:56 AM

BWAH-hah-hah-HAH! ROFL!

I've known a couple of "cop wannabees"--and they tend to be
pretty weird people. Why in the world does a HAM need a
steenkin' BADGE? Doesn't the world have enough potbellied
old men flashing badges without adding hams to the ranks?

You got that right.

Check this out....
http://www.hamsexy.com/
:-)

dale, kg5u

BFoelsch May 31st 04 04:56 PM

A truly great web site has been born!

I kinda like the comment about the ARRL's 90th anniversary!

Wry humor is good, especially when there's a seed of truth to it!

Gareth S Nemisis May 31st 04 05:57 PM

"BFoelsch" wrote in message
A truly great web site has been born!

I kinda like the comment about the ARRL's 90th anniversary!

Wry humor is good, especially when there's a seed of truth to it!

Look on the bright side, you don't seem to have the misfits like Gareth in
the US. Looking a bit odd, even wearing "FBI look alike" badge doesn't
come close to threats to children on the scale of evil.

Do you have many amateurs of many years standing who bad mouth others when
they used to squeak on repeaters themselves?

YNX

Airy R Soul May 31st 04 11:31 PM

"Gareth S Nemisis" wrote in message

Look on the bright side, you don't seem to have the misfits like Gareth in
the US.

You wanna bet?!

Gareth S Nemisis June 1st 04 08:51 AM

"Airy R Soul" wrote in message

"Gareth S Nemisis" wrote in message

Look on the bright side, you don't seem to have the misfits like Gareth

in
the US.

You wanna bet?!

FCC remove licences from people like Gareth. Seen it done.

YNX