RadioBanter

-   -   Can a kenwood commercial mic work on a kenwood amateur radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/16833-can-kenwood-commercial-mic-work-kenwood-amateur-radio.html)

Evan Platt June 22nd 04 07:23 PM

Can a kenwood commercial mic work on a kenwood amateur radio?

My mike broke for my Kenwood TMG-707 ham radio. A replacement mike is
about $20 on ebay, as well as is a commercial palm mike. I much prefer
the look of the commercial hand mike - I don't need all the buttons or
functions.

Does anyone know if the commercial 8 pin modular mike will work on an
amateur radio? Kenwood didn't have an answer either way...

Thanks.

Evan

kyle boyce June 29th 12 12:23 AM

yes it can and they are a better mic
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan Platt (Post 57403)

Channel Jumper June 30th 12 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle boyce (Post 792591)
yes it can and they are a better mic

Blaah -

There are web sites which explains the wiring diagram for most common microphones and transceivers.

Most of the microphones I use - Kenwood, ADI , Alinco 8 pin all uses the same basic design.

Going from top to bottom -
1 - Mic
2 - PTT
3 - Down
4 - UP
5 - + 8 VDC
6 -
7 - Mic Gnd
8 - Ground

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rg4wpw/date.html

My microphone of choice is a old Turner + 3

All that matters is that you have the MIC / PTT / Grd / Mic Grd connected correctly.

You don't need the up or down or the power as long as you have a decent 9 VDC battery.
I don't even use the high impedance - amplification.

That is on a Kenwood TS 590 - NEW!

I always get a good signal report!