RadioBanter

-   -   Need 1SV153 diode replacement (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/18882-need-1sv153-diode-replacement.html)

Ed October 12th 04 03:44 PM

Need 1SV153 diode replacement

I need a replacement for the 1SV153 Varactor diode used in the Kenwood
TS-440 HF rig. I've searched several sites including NTE and Tandy.
Anyone have any info or even specs?
Please respond direct. Tnx and 73, K4GJ

Andrew VK3BFA October 13th 04 02:44 PM

(Ed) wrote in message om...
I need a replacement for the 1SV153 Varactor diode used in the Kenwood
TS-440 HF rig. I've searched several sites including NTE and Tandy.
Anyone have any info or even specs?
Please respond direct. Tnx and 73, K4GJ

Virtually anything would work - whats its designation in the cct - is
it a single or dual diode - even a 1n4004 makes a reasonable single
varactor - the MV104 is a dual one, obselete but still around, Philips
also make an equivalent but would have to look it up... (its a BBxxxx
designation ) - you might need to muck around a bit and retune the
rest of the cct, but whats the alternative - scrap the radio? ........
73 de VK3BFA.

Joe McElvenney October 13th 04 05:20 PM

Hi,

1SV153 = 15pF @ 2V down to 2pF @ 25V.