RadioBanter

-   -   Need Service Manual for Radio Shack Power Meter MTA-20 (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/192893-re-need-service-manual-radio-shack-power-meter-mta-20-a.html)

[email protected] March 11th 13 11:19 PM

Need Service Manual for Radio Shack Power Meter MTA-20

On Friday, March 14, 2003 3:49:05 PM UTC-6, NZ8J wrote:
Need a service manual for a Radio Shack MTA-20 Digital SWR/Power Meter
Radio Shack doesn't carry them any longer..
Thanks
Tim
NZ8J

Tim,
I'm now looking for the same, but could really use, perhaps mostly, the info. on calibration as I may have fixed the remote sensor/coupler, but now need to know details on calibration, esp. probable adj. cap (pot?)location, etc. I'll also
try your email from qrz or somewhere for contact if possible. Thanks

Michael Black[_2_] March 12th 13 02:13 AM

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, wrote:

On Friday, March 14, 2003 3:49:05 PM UTC-6, NZ8J wrote:
Need a service manual for a Radio Shack MTA-20 Digital SWR/Power Meter
Radio Shack doesn't carry them any longer..
Thanks
Tim
NZ8J

Tim,
I'm now looking for the same, but could really use, perhaps mostly, the info. on calibration as I may have fixed the remote sensor/coupler, but now need to know details on calibration, esp. probable adj. cap (pot?)location, etc. I'll also
try your email from qrz or somewhere for contact if possible. Thanks

You replied to a message from 2003, the date even shows up in your
quoting, which is 10 years ago, almost to the day.

Do you really think Tim is still reading this newsgroup? He may not even
have the thing anymore, a lot can happen in a decade.

If you want something, then just start a thread. Don't use google's bug
to reply to threads older than 30 days, you're just dredging up the past
and confusing people who haven't yet figured out that idiots are replying
to old messages. Google is merely an archive of usenet, they are making a
mess of usenet but don't think the rest of us like it.

Michael

Channel Jumper March 14th 13 02:47 PM

Michael please,
Usually I am the one to come off sounding like a jerk..
The magic of the internet is that you can do a search and can find the most likely results.

I believe that the story is that the new poster is asking for similar advice.

IN the service repair buisness, we often times find that we cannot find a manual.
About the best you can do is connect it to a dummy load and calibrate it or connect it to a antenna analyzer and calibrate it.

The biggest problem with the Radio crap - oops I mean shack stuff was that it was not very high quality. It appeased the cheap ham and cbr which made it affordable but not very reliable.