RadioBanter

-   -   Please help: Shorting 8V ouput to Ground!!!!! (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/19292-please-help-shorting-8v-ouput-ground.html)

chafik CN8JV October 30th 04 05:27 PM

Please help: Shorting 8V ouput to Ground!!!!!

Hello
My problrms with IC706 MKII are endless!!
I connected by accident the 8V ouput in the rear of TRX
to the Ground from the PC sound card!!!
Now the TRX is QRT.
Now Icom 706 MK-II won't power up.
When I push the power button I can hear a relay click in the radio,
and a thump in the speaker but that is it. I've checked the fuses
internal and external all are ok. For those who are familiar with
ic706MKII internal,
I made the followings measurements at the PLL unit
where the Internal 8V rehulator is located:
At the output of IC3............ 8.1 V
At the base of Q51 ............. 3.1 V
At the collector of Q51 ......... 2.32V
At the emetter of Q51 ........... 2.31V
At the collector of Q45 .......... 13.8V
At the emetter of Q45 ............ 0V !!

Because the Q45 is not SMD,I replaced itwith new one
But the problem stil exist.
Does anyone have any suggestions as
to fix this problem.

73
Chafik CN8JV

chafik CN8JV November 1st 04 02:42 PM

(chafik CN8JV) wrote in message . com...
[...]

I have fixed the problem!!
The Q45 was burned out.
But when I was trying to put a new one,
I was putting it the wrong way!!!
So to All the owners of IC-706MKII:
If you short the pin1 to ground,
replace the big transistor Q45 located
at the PLL unit.
Thanks to everyone who did his best to help me
CN8JV
Chafik